Are you wondering about the best time to buy a hot tub? Many potential customers…
Since ancient times, people around the world have recognized the healing properties of hot water. That reality hasn’t changed, as we continue to enjoy the wealth of benefits a hot tub offers. From the healing properties of hydrotherapy to the social aspects of time with family and friends, the benefits of spa ownership are well worth the initial investment.
One of the most popular reasons for buying a hot tub is the health and wellness benefits associated with it. Hydrotherapy is the practice of using heated water for pain relief and management—and the best hot tubs promote health and wellness with hydrotherapy.
How does it work? Hydrotherapy in a spa is based on the winning combination of three elements: heat, buoyancy, and massage. The heat dilates blood vessels to increase blood flow to sore or damaged tissue. Buoyancy reduces body weight by 90 percent, alleviating pressure on joints and muscles. And massage performs the ultimate spa mission, relaxing muscles and relieving pressure on nerves. It also boosts circulation and accelerates the body’s natural healing process.
With a combination of powerful Fluidix® jets and seats sculpted to harmonize with your body, Sundance® spas leverage the power of water’s healing benefits. So why buy a spa? Consider
- Relieving the Pain of Arthritis and Other Chronic Conditions
- Remedying Aches and Pain Naturally
- Boosting Immunity
- Reducing the Risk of Injury During Exercise
- Decreasing Stress
- Strengthening Bonds with Family and Friends
- Increasing Productivity
- Getting a Better Night’s Sleep
Interested in purchasing a hot tub or looking into learning more?
2. Relieving the Pain of Arthritis and Other Chronic Conditions
A soak in a spa is beneficial for so many people, but the pulsating thermal waters have particular benefits for those dealing with arthritis pain. Doctors at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine report that hydrotherapy provides a viable option for improving pain, mobility, and quality of life in patients with arthritis.
Some people with arthritis even report that the warm water makes it easier to do gentle stretching in the hot tub. This stretching helps with increased grip strength, mobility, and flexibility.
Those experiencing chronic pain from other conditions, such as fibromyalgia, can also find relief from their symptoms through hydrotherapy. Spa time has been found to have a calming effect on people living with fibromyalgia, helping lift their spirits and relieve some of their pain.
3. Remedying Aches and Pains Naturally
Even if you haven’t been diagnosed with a painful condition, hydrotherapy can help with everyday aches and pains, injuries, or athletic training. At one time or another, most people experience lower back pain and could use some relief. Hydrotherapy can target this common sore spot and massage away discomfort.
Though exercise aficionados will tell you, “No pain, no gain,” your muscles may be screaming for relief after a tough workout. Some muscle soreness and joint pain is inevitable when you push hard, but you don’t have to take the pain lying down. Instead, head to the hot tub and let the massaging jets work their magic. The pulsating waters improve blood flow and break down the lactic acid in your muscles. Translation: Your body feels really, really good.
In addition, the best hot tubs have the ideal jet and seat positions for your body and your needs. This is where Sundance® spas stand above the rest, with seats are crafted to fit people of all shapes and sizes. Plus, every seat delivers a variety of massage types and intensities while providing support for the body.
So instead of turning to deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, or acupuncture the next time your muscles need relief, head to the hot tub instead. With powerful Fluidix® jets, Sundance® spas offers attributes of each of these popular body treatments–all in your own backyard.
4. Boosting Immunity
Because it increases circulation, hot water hydrotherapy can boost the immune system, helping it work more efficiently. The stimulated immune system also helps injured tissue heal faster.
Of course, there’s no guarantee you won’t catch a cold or the flu when everyone around you is sick. But you can find relief from cold or flu symptoms by spending time in your hot tub. Just like putting your face over a bowl of steaming water helps clear your nasal passages, relaxing in a hot tub can help clear your nose and throat. Just remember to keep a facial tissue or handkerchief nearby in case your nose starts to run. And be sure to consult your physician before engaging in hydrotherapy when you’re sick, especially if you have a fever.
5. Reducing Risk of Injury During Exercise
Stretching relaxes the soft tissues around the joints, making them more pliable. Though it’s widely recognized that stretching is beneficial, you may experience difficulty doing stretches and exercises on dry land. The solution? The warm, bubbly water of your spa. The heated water makes it more comfortable to perform simple stretches, and the water’s buoyancy and support create less impact on your joints.
6. Decreasing Stress
If you’re stressed, you’re familiar with the symptoms—tension headaches, tight shoulders, and an overall sense of feeling overwhelmed. You need to relax and de-stress to experience optimal mental and physical wellness, and your hot tub is the place where that can happen.
In fact, studies at Washington State University found that immersion in warm water actually alters the autonomic nervous system, creating changes similar to those experienced during relaxation. Spa time also helps reduce anxiety. A Sundance® spa provides a safe haven from the pressure and worries that fill a day. Just let the soothing warm water and massaging jets help you release your cares and feel like yourself again.
7. Strengthening Bonds with Friends and your Family
Owning a hot tub isn’t only a luxury for your muscles and mind; it’s also a great way to connect with the special people in your life. Having a hot tub provides a place of connection with your family–without technology. After a long day, you can look forward to relaxing with your loved ones in the hot tub and sharing the type of conversation that never happens when everyone is glued to a screen.
Of course, your spa will also make the perfect place for a date night any time you and your partner need to reconnect. And why not make it a neighborhood-gathering place, too? Invite your friends and neighbors over for some cool drinks, finger foods, and a relaxing soak.
8. Increasing Productivity
As much as a hot tub can do for your personal life, it can benefit your work life and productivity as well. The ability to shut out daily demands allows you to decompress and renew your strength, which will prepare you to take on the world after your soak. So, rather than thinking of things you should be doing when you step into your home spa, concentrate on how much more energized you’ll feel after taking 20 minutes to relax and renew.
After all, the warmth of the water and the massaging jets help increase circulation, stimulate muscles, and ease joint pain. What better recipe for productivity?
9. Getting a Better Night’s Sleep
Studies have found that spending 20 minutes in a warm spa before bedtime can get your body ready for sleep, thanks to the changes in body temperature and an overall feeling of relaxation. The buoyancy of the warm water decompresses your joints, while your heartbeat decreases to a resting state.
And if you suffer from restless legs syndrome—a major cause of insomnia—experts say you can calm your lower extremities by spending time in the spa before bed.
Of course, insomnia can strike at any time, and for a variety of reasons. That’s why the National Sleep Foundation recommends establishing a regular bedtime routine to prepare your body for sleep. Time in a spa can be a relaxing part of that routine, and can significantly improve your chances of getting a good night’s sleep.
An investment in a hot tub is an investment in a better life. You can reap the benefits of ownership not only in your physical body but also in your mental and emotional health, as well as in connections with the people you love. Head to your local Sundance® Spas dealer (that’s us!) to learn more about how to invest in the spa life—and enjoy the lifestyle that goes along with it.
Still not convinced?
Whether you’re trying to convince yourself, a family member, or a friend to purchase a hot tub, having a quick list is one way to see all the many benefits of soaking!
- Relaxation: this is the big one. A soak a day keeps the soreness away!
- Bonding: friends, family, and acquaintances; it’s an easy way to catch up.
- Time outside: with phones and computers everywhere, it’s important to spend some time away from screens!
- Romantic getaway: no need to go far, a relaxing evening with your partner is now in your backyard.
- Self-pampering: treat yourself with a soak, a face mask, and then enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- Massage therapy: with the variety of jets in each model, find the perfect setting for your massages!
- Pain relief: arthritis pain? back pain? Soaking will help manage pain.
- Athletic recovery: after a hard workout, a soak in the tub will help muscles to recover.
- Anxiety and stress relief: take time off from the world and put your mind at ease.
- Improved sleep: increased circulation and relaxed muscles can help you easily fall asleep at night.
- Winter warmth: keep warm in the colder months by soaking.
- Summer cool off: you can also keep cool in the summer with CoolZone™ and lower the hot tub temperature.
- Morning wake up routine: a cup of coffee and a quick soak is a wonderful way to wake up and start the day.
- Exercise: water workouts are easier on the body and are great for burning calories.
- Themed parties: there’s plenty of ways to party with a hot tub! Holidays, birthdays, etc.
- Movie nights: with a complete entertainment system, watch the big game or latest show in the hot tub.
- Privacy: no need to go to a hotel or gym for a soak; do it in the privacy of your own backyard!
- Fun lighting: tubs also come with beautiful lighting settings, customizable for every mood.
- Custom tubs: color options from the tub to the cabinets and jets, find one to match your backyard.
- Dream backyard: build your dream backyard and personal oasis by adding a hot tub.
- Energy-efficient: ask dealers about calculating monthly energy costs, but it won’t be denting your wallet!
- Easy maintenance: just follow the monthly and yearly maintenance guide, and you’re good to go.
- Easy to fit: whether it’s a lap pool or a hot tub, you can fit one in a standard backyard.
- Warranty: Each spa comes with a warranty to cover certain features and faults.
- Customer service: we have professionals who can answer every question you may have so you can make a solid decision!
Interested in purchasing a hot tub or looking into learning more? Contact us here to learn more!